Chauhan accused of wresting control over MPPSC
Indore: Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Satyadev Katare on Saturday accused Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan of trying to wrest control over Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission and taking away its autonomy.
"Earlier, the MPPSC chairman used to be its Head of the Department (HoD), but four days ago the government had issued orders of taking back the status of HoD from the Chairman and granting it to its Secretary. It is violation of MPPSC Act and its autonomy," Katare told reporters.
He said that MPPSC was a Constitutional body and it would be independent only if its Chairman is independent. Now the government has taken his powers of HoD and granted it to the Commission`s Secretary, which is an official of the government, then how the institution would remain autonomous.
The Opposition leader also questioned leak of MPPSC papers and said that the question paper for the examination was prepared from a guide book published from Meerut and it was also printed in that city, "is there any relation between the publisher and the printer, it has to be investigated".
Katare also questioned Chauhan that why he was not ordering for a CBI probe into the MP Professional Examination Board (MPPEB) scam when he had done so immediately in murder cases of Makhanlal Jatav, Kamal Patel and Sahela Mesood.
"If the CM is honest, then why is he not ordering a CBI probe in MPPEB scam. Instead he is levelling allegation against Congress leader. I would request him to go for a CBI probe so the allegation by and against him is probed thoroughly," the Congress leader said.
Katare said in October 2013, STF had filed an affidavit seeking some time to probe the matter as there was alleged involvement of students and people from states like Rajasthan, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra and Chhattisgarh.
He said that Himachal government had ordered CBI probe in one case of fake admission in Pre-Medical Test, but there is no such move in MP, despite the fact that around 1,400 fake admissions took place here and 1,000 other appointments, which the CM has accepted in the Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’