Chhindwara Collector transferred after EC`s directives
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Government today transferred Chhindwara Collector Mahesh Chandra Choudhary on the direction of the Election Commission and appointed Sanjeev Singh as the new District Magistrate, official sources said.
Singh was posted as Director, Skill Development at Jabalpur. Choudhary has been appointed as Deputy Secretary in the Mantralaya.
following which he was transferred from Chhindwara, where Union Minister Kamal Nath is pitted against BJP`s Choudhary Chandrabhan Singh.
The polling in Chhindwara will take place on April 10.
Meanwhile, Congress Vice President Manak Agrawal said in a statement that EC has so far removed three collectors in Madhya Pradesh following complaint by the Congress and warned other district magistrates "not to work for the ruling party".
The EC earlier transferred Collectors of Khandwa, Jhabua and Ratlam following complaint against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says