Chhindwara Collector transferred after EC`s directives
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Government today transferred Chhindwara Collector Mahesh Chandra Choudhary on the direction of the Election Commission and appointed Sanjeev Singh as the new District Magistrate, official sources said.
Singh was posted as Director, Skill Development at Jabalpur. Choudhary has been appointed as Deputy Secretary in the Mantralaya.
following which he was transferred from Chhindwara, where Union Minister Kamal Nath is pitted against BJP`s Choudhary Chandrabhan Singh.
The polling in Chhindwara will take place on April 10.
Meanwhile, Congress Vice President Manak Agrawal said in a statement that EC has so far removed three collectors in Madhya Pradesh following complaint by the Congress and warned other district magistrates "not to work for the ruling party".
The EC earlier transferred Collectors of Khandwa, Jhabua and Ratlam following complaint against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested