Chief Minister`s wife seeks loan - to buy onions
Bhopal: In a bid to rub it in, the wife of Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan Thursday filled up an application for a bank loan - to buy onions!
Sadhna Singh is also vice-president of the women`s cell of the state Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) who took part in a street protest here against the soaring prices of onions.
At the protest, she filled up a form to apply for a bank loan so as to buy onions, which are, in some retail markets of India, still priced as high as Rs.60-70 a kg.
The protesters marched to the State Bank of India`s T.T. Nagar branch.
Asked how the price rise had affected her, Sadhna Singh replied: "Even my home budget has got disturbed as prices of every vegetable has gone up."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love