Chief Minister`s wife seeks loan - to buy onions
Bhopal: In a bid to rub it in, the wife of Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan Thursday filled up an application for a bank loan - to buy onions!
Sadhna Singh is also vice-president of the women`s cell of the state Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) who took part in a street protest here against the soaring prices of onions.
At the protest, she filled up a form to apply for a bank loan so as to buy onions, which are, in some retail markets of India, still priced as high as Rs.60-70 a kg.
The protesters marched to the State Bank of India`s T.T. Nagar branch.
Asked how the price rise had affected her, Sadhna Singh replied: "Even my home budget has got disturbed as prices of every vegetable has gone up."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days