Chief Minister`s wife seeks loan - to buy onions
Bhopal: In a bid to rub it in, the wife of Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan Thursday filled up an application for a bank loan - to buy onions!
Sadhna Singh is also vice-president of the women`s cell of the state Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) who took part in a street protest here against the soaring prices of onions.
At the protest, she filled up a form to apply for a bank loan so as to buy onions, which are, in some retail markets of India, still priced as high as Rs.60-70 a kg.
The protesters marched to the State Bank of India`s T.T. Nagar branch.
Asked how the price rise had affected her, Sadhna Singh replied: "Even my home budget has got disturbed as prices of every vegetable has gone up."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites