Child panel to seek info on Bihar minister son`s suicide bid
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh State Commission for Protection of Child Rights has decided to direct the Scindia School in Gwalior to submit all details regarding the alleged suicide bid by its student Adarsh Kumar Singh, son of Bihar`s Cooperative Minister Jai Kumar Singh.
"We are seeking information related to Scindia School student Adarsh Kumar Singh by asking the school management to submit all details about it," an official release quoting Commission Chairperson Usha Chaturvedi said.
14-year-old Adarsh was found in a semi-conscious state in his room on August 20. He was taken to a private hospital for treatment and when his condition deteriorated, he was shifted to New Delhi`s Apollo Hospital.
Taking serious cognisance of the matter, Gwalior District Collector P Narhari yesterday ordered a probe to be conducted by Sub Divisional Magistrate S Saxena.
SSP Santosh Kumar Singh has also directed ASP Mohammed Yusuf Qureshi to separately conduct an inquiry, especially into the ragging aspect.
Gwalior police had yesterday said that Adarsh apparently tried to kill himself following alleged harassment by three senior boys at the prestigious school.
The trio allegedly forced him to sweep the floor and to stand in `hen`s position` sometimes. They also allegedly beat him up sometimes, police had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi