Chouhan announces aid for martyred CRPF jawan hailing from MP
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Thursday announced an ex-gratia of Rs 15 lakh, a government job and land for the kin of CRPF jawan Omprakash Mardaniya, who died in the terrorist attack in Srinagar on Wednesday.
Mardaniya hailed from Shahpura village in Sehore district of Madhya Pradesh.
Five CRPF jawans were killed in a suicide attack by two militants in Bemina area of Srinagar yesterday.
Chouhan announced the aid for his family after taking the salute from newly recruited CRPF contingent at passing-out parade at Bangrasia near here.
Chouhan said on this occasion that it was high time the country taught a lesson to those who toyed with India`s security.
A total of 1,004 newly-recruited constables took part in the parade, led by Commander Subhash Vajpayee.
CRPF`s Inspector General (IG) Ranjit Singh said, speaking on the occasion, that CRPF was constituted in Madhya Pradesh`s Neemuch district in 1939.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'