Chouhan calls on Narendra Modi to discuss state issues
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan called upon Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi and apprised him on a number of issues in the state.
Chouhan met Modi yesterday and greeted him with shawl, coconut and bouquet.
An official release said that after the meeting, Chouhan said that he spoke to the Prime Minister about various issues in the state including changing of format of MNREGA and opening new vistas of development.
Chouhan said discussions were also held on Simhastha, a religious and cultural fair to be held in Madhya Pradesh in 2016 on the lines of the Kumbh Mela.
he CM said that he also put forth issues of increase in states share in Central taxes and giving more autonomy to states for chalking out schemes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Japanese investors keen to invest in India's infra growth story: Arun Jaitley
- PM Narendra Modi's mother given Nari Jagran Samman 2016 award
- Haryana Jats to renew job quota protests from June 5
- Iran says to miss hajj, Saudi 'blocking path to Allah'
- WATCH: Mother of all sixes — Ben Cutting cuts loose in IPL final