Chouhan condemns killing of CRPF jawans in Srinagar
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Thursday expressed deep sorrow over the killing of a CRPF jawan, Omprakash Mardaniya in the militant attack in Srinagar.
The martyred jawan, one of five CRPF personnel who died in the suicide attack today, belonged to Shahpura village in Ichhawar tehsil of Chouhan`s home district, Sehore, official sources said.
Earlier today, Chouhan condemned the attack saying it was high time for India to initiate "firm" steps to dismantle such forces.
The Chief Minister said his government stands firmly by the family of martyred jawans and demanded that India should have a firm policy towards terrorism, they said.
Time has come for the country to crush terrorism in its bud, he said, adding, merely issuing soft statements will not serve the purpose.
Two terrorists disguised as cricketers stormed a CRPF camp near a school at Bemina in Srinagar killing five of its personnel in a major suicide attack in the city after a gap of three years in which the militants were suspected to be from Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez