Chouhan condemns killing of CRPF jawans in Srinagar
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Thursday expressed deep sorrow over the killing of a CRPF jawan, Omprakash Mardaniya in the militant attack in Srinagar.
The martyred jawan, one of five CRPF personnel who died in the suicide attack today, belonged to Shahpura village in Ichhawar tehsil of Chouhan`s home district, Sehore, official sources said.
Earlier today, Chouhan condemned the attack saying it was high time for India to initiate "firm" steps to dismantle such forces.
The Chief Minister said his government stands firmly by the family of martyred jawans and demanded that India should have a firm policy towards terrorism, they said.
Time has come for the country to crush terrorism in its bud, he said, adding, merely issuing soft statements will not serve the purpose.
Two terrorists disguised as cricketers stormed a CRPF camp near a school at Bemina in Srinagar killing five of its personnel in a major suicide attack in the city after a gap of three years in which the militants were suspected to be from Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!