Chouhan distributes cheques to students to buy laptops
Bhopal: In a prelude to Assembly elections, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Monday distributed cheques for the purchase of laptops to students who have scored above 85 per cent in class XII and also handed over loan sanction letters to 90 youths to set up business enterprise.
The Chief Minister, who is seeking the third term, announced that the state government would next month distribute laptops to those students of private schools who have scored 85 per cent and above in class XII.
Elections are due in the state by year-end.
The cheques disbursed today worth Rs 25,000 each, whereas, the loan sanction letters were issued under the `Mukhyamantri Yuva Sewa Rozgar Yojana` and other welfare schemes, for starting their own ventures.
Addressing the gathering, Chouhan called upon youths to become a job provider and announced the state government would stand as guarantor for providing loans to them.
He said that under `Chief Minister Yuva Contractor Yojna`, loans upto Rs 25 lakh would be sanctioned to the qualified engineers for setting up their own construction companies.
Chouhan highlighted various welfare schemes launched by his government.
Addressing the function, Industries Minister Kailash Vijaywargiya said investments worth Rs 1 lakh crore have been made in the state during the BJP rule, which will generate employment for 1.5 lakh people.
A magazine published by the Centre for Entrepreneurship Development (CEDMAP) chronicling success stories of young entrepreneurs was released on the occasion.
Various stalls informing about schemes being implemented for the welfare of youths were set up at the venue by state-run banks and a number of government departments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick