Chouhan extends solidarity to Jansatyagraha for land reforms
Bhopal: Expressing solidarity with `Jansatyagraha` launched by large number of tribals and landless people demanding land reforms at the national level, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on friday said the Centre should seriously consider their demands.
Chouhan addressed the Jansatyagrah from US over phone at village Jaderua in Morena district and extended his support to tribals and landless persons who have embarked on a march to Delhi from Gwalior on October 3, official sources said.
He said that his government is with them and the state should again start the process of giving land on lease to tribals.
The Chief Minister also informed that his government has made proper arrangements for education of tribals and also assured that petty cases against them would be withdrawn soon, sources said.
BJP General Secretary in-charge of Uttar Pradesh and Morena MP, Narendra Singh Tomar alleged that the Congress-led UPA government had constituted a Group of Ministers to look into the problems of tribals in 2007, but since last five years not a single meeting of the GOM took place on the issue.
Slamming the Centre, Tomar alleged that while its in a hurry to implement FDI, it has no time for problems of tribals and has not yet frame any law on the issue.
The yatra today would reach Baba Devpuri situated on Rajasthan-Madhya Pradesh border and tomorrow morning it will leave for Dhoulpur.
Ekta Parishad Chaiman P V Rajagopal and MLA Shivmangal Singh among others were present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- 'Don't abandon search for MH370,' plead families of victims
- Islamic preacher Zakir Naik's 'aide' arrested over alleged terror links
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis