Chouhan, Gadkari launch Atal Jyoti Abhiyan in MP
Ratlam: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and former BJP President, Nitin Gadkari launched the Atal Jyoti Abhiyan for 24x7 power supply in Ratlam.
With this, Ratlam has become the eighth district in the state to have this facility. On the occasion last evening, Chouhan said that power generation capacity in the state was 2900 MW in 2003 and now it has gone up to 10,400 MW and will reach 14,000 MW by next year.
Chouhan said, so far, Rs 11,000 crore has been spent on Atal Jyoti Abhiyan and added that now farmers need not deposit electricity bills every month since they have been provided facility do this twice a year at the flat rate of Rs 1200 per horsepower.
He announced to open a medical college from government budget at Ratlam and said that Ratlam will be developed as a cluster city for production of salty snacks. He announced Rs 19 crore for Ratlam city?s development and Rs one crore each for every Nagar Panchayat in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter