Chouhan, Gadkari launch Atal Jyoti Abhiyan in MP
Ratlam: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and former BJP President, Nitin Gadkari launched the Atal Jyoti Abhiyan for 24x7 power supply in Ratlam.
With this, Ratlam has become the eighth district in the state to have this facility. On the occasion last evening, Chouhan said that power generation capacity in the state was 2900 MW in 2003 and now it has gone up to 10,400 MW and will reach 14,000 MW by next year.
Chouhan said, so far, Rs 11,000 crore has been spent on Atal Jyoti Abhiyan and added that now farmers need not deposit electricity bills every month since they have been provided facility do this twice a year at the flat rate of Rs 1200 per horsepower.
He announced to open a medical college from government budget at Ratlam and said that Ratlam will be developed as a cluster city for production of salty snacks. He announced Rs 19 crore for Ratlam city?s development and Rs one crore each for every Nagar Panchayat in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read