Chouhan, Gadkari launch Atal Jyoti Abhiyan in MP
Ratlam: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and former BJP President, Nitin Gadkari launched the Atal Jyoti Abhiyan for 24x7 power supply in Ratlam.
With this, Ratlam has become the eighth district in the state to have this facility. On the occasion last evening, Chouhan said that power generation capacity in the state was 2900 MW in 2003 and now it has gone up to 10,400 MW and will reach 14,000 MW by next year.
Chouhan said, so far, Rs 11,000 crore has been spent on Atal Jyoti Abhiyan and added that now farmers need not deposit electricity bills every month since they have been provided facility do this twice a year at the flat rate of Rs 1200 per horsepower.
He announced to open a medical college from government budget at Ratlam and said that Ratlam will be developed as a cluster city for production of salty snacks. He announced Rs 19 crore for Ratlam city?s development and Rs one crore each for every Nagar Panchayat in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali