Chouhan govt has lost control of admin: Congress
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Ajay Singh, here on Tuesday alleged that BJP government led by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan had lost control of the administration because of the internal disputes of the party.
Citing recent incidents, including a murder of a farmer in a land dispute in Bhopal, transfer of an honest police officer from Indore following pressure from the BJP MLA, murder of IPS officer Narendra Kumar Singh in Morena, etc, Ajay said that Chouhan had no control over his government.
The Congress leader also alleged in his statement that the government was protecting corrupt ministers and officials, and the activists of the RSS, Bajrang Dal and VHP were directly interfering in the administration.
If officials did not follow their diktats, they "never forget to teach lessons", he said.
Ajay also claimed that internal struggle for power within BJP had intensified and its own members were trying to destabilise the government.
Taking a dig at the state BJP President, Prabhat Jha, he said that by politicising the issue of Narmada river, raised by the Congress MP, Sajjan Singh Verma, he was trying to derive political mileage.
Refuting the allegations, state BJP`s media in-charge, Dr Hitesh Vajpayee, said that Congress was afraid of the growing popularity of Chouhan, hence the baseless allegations.
Successive Congress governments patronised those involved in organised crime, but Chouhan`s government dealt with them in a a stern manner, following which criminal elements were committing "isolated" crimes, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city