Chouhan is `PM material`, says Madhya Pradesh BJP
Indore: Madhya Pradesh BJP chief Narendra Singh Tomar on Sunday said that the state Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan had the capability to become the Prime Minister.
"Chouhan is at present the Chief Minister....But he also has the capability to become Prime Minister of the country," Tomar said while talking to reporters here.
However, he also added that at present the party needed Chouhan`s leadership in Madhya Pradesh "for turning it into a golden state".
"After Madhya Pradesh becomes a developed state, the central leadership would think about Chouhan`s role at the Centre and that will be acceptable to us," Tomar said.
The state BJP chief also expressed confidence that under Chouhan`s leadership, the party would score a hat-trick in Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections this year.
The issues of power, water and roads, being raised by opposition Congress would not create any challenge for the ruling party, he said.
On recent violent incidents in Indore involving RSS and Congress workers, he said the state government was "impartial" and the law will take its own course.
The newly-elected state BJP chief said that he will announce his new team after January 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India