Chouhan is `PM material`, says Madhya Pradesh BJP
Indore: Madhya Pradesh BJP chief Narendra Singh Tomar on Sunday said that the state Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan had the capability to become the Prime Minister.
"Chouhan is at present the Chief Minister....But he also has the capability to become Prime Minister of the country," Tomar said while talking to reporters here.
However, he also added that at present the party needed Chouhan`s leadership in Madhya Pradesh "for turning it into a golden state".
"After Madhya Pradesh becomes a developed state, the central leadership would think about Chouhan`s role at the Centre and that will be acceptable to us," Tomar said.
The state BJP chief also expressed confidence that under Chouhan`s leadership, the party would score a hat-trick in Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections this year.
The issues of power, water and roads, being raised by opposition Congress would not create any challenge for the ruling party, he said.
On recent violent incidents in Indore involving RSS and Congress workers, he said the state government was "impartial" and the law will take its own course.
The newly-elected state BJP chief said that he will announce his new team after January 15.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory