‘Chouhan not mature enough to rule MP’
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh opposition leader Ajay Singh on Wednesday appealed to Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan to cut taxes on fertilisers instead of resorting to a "symbolic" protest for rollback of the hike in their prices.
Ajay was reacting to Chouhan`s announcement of undertaking a one-day fast on June 15 to protest the "steep" hike in prices of fertilisers and their immediate rollback.
"Chouhan is a failure in running his government. He announces fasts every two to three months to portray himself as a leader interested in the welfare of people. By resorting to fasts every now and then Chouhan has only shown that he has still not learnt to act and behave like a chief minister," Ajay said in a statement.
He further said the chief minister could have reduced state taxes imposed on fertilisers to help farmers "but may be this was never his intention".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?