‘Chouhan not mature enough to rule MP’
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh opposition leader Ajay Singh on Wednesday appealed to Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan to cut taxes on fertilisers instead of resorting to a "symbolic" protest for rollback of the hike in their prices.
Ajay was reacting to Chouhan`s announcement of undertaking a one-day fast on June 15 to protest the "steep" hike in prices of fertilisers and their immediate rollback.
"Chouhan is a failure in running his government. He announces fasts every two to three months to portray himself as a leader interested in the welfare of people. By resorting to fasts every now and then Chouhan has only shown that he has still not learnt to act and behave like a chief minister," Ajay said in a statement.
He further said the chief minister could have reduced state taxes imposed on fertilisers to help farmers "but may be this was never his intention".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic