‘Chouhan not mature enough to rule MP’
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh opposition leader Ajay Singh on Wednesday appealed to Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan to cut taxes on fertilisers instead of resorting to a "symbolic" protest for rollback of the hike in their prices.
Ajay was reacting to Chouhan`s announcement of undertaking a one-day fast on June 15 to protest the "steep" hike in prices of fertilisers and their immediate rollback.
"Chouhan is a failure in running his government. He announces fasts every two to three months to portray himself as a leader interested in the welfare of people. By resorting to fasts every now and then Chouhan has only shown that he has still not learnt to act and behave like a chief minister," Ajay said in a statement.
He further said the chief minister could have reduced state taxes imposed on fertilisers to help farmers "but may be this was never his intention".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption