‘Chouhan not mature enough to rule MP’
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh opposition leader Ajay Singh on Wednesday appealed to Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan to cut taxes on fertilisers instead of resorting to a "symbolic" protest for rollback of the hike in their prices.
Ajay was reacting to Chouhan`s announcement of undertaking a one-day fast on June 15 to protest the "steep" hike in prices of fertilisers and their immediate rollback.
"Chouhan is a failure in running his government. He announces fasts every two to three months to portray himself as a leader interested in the welfare of people. By resorting to fasts every now and then Chouhan has only shown that he has still not learnt to act and behave like a chief minister," Ajay said in a statement.
He further said the chief minister could have reduced state taxes imposed on fertilisers to help farmers "but may be this was never his intention".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert