Chouhan seeks Presidential nod to anti-graft Bill
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister, Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Tuesday, drew the Prime Minister`s attention towards "inordinate delay" in getting Presidential assent to a Bill that seeks to speed up trial in corruption related cases involving public servants in the state.
The BJP Government has taken a very strong initiative to curb corruption by introducing and getting the Madhya Pradesh Vishesh Nyayalaya Vidheyak, 2011 passed in the Assembly, he said in a letter addressed to Manmohan Singh.
"This inordinate delay in granting assent to the Bill by the Government of India is unnecessarily depriving the state of an effective tool to combat corruption," he said.
The legislation shall prove to be an effective step towards curbing corruption in public life, Chouhan maintained.
The Bill was sent to Union Home Ministry on April 13, 2011 by the State Government for approval of the President after, which it will become a law, the letter said.
In order to create an effective deterrent against corrupt public servants the Bill provides for expeditious disposal of cases under Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988.
"The Bill also provides for confiscation of property acquired through corrupt means and utilisation of such property for public good," the letter said.
"My endeavour has been to create transparent and effective systems of governance where the chances of corruption are nullified," Chouhan added.
"My Government wants to create an effective legal system, where public servants indulging in corruption are brought to book in a time-bound manner."
The CM said, the Ministry may be directed to obtain the Presidential nod to the Bill at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says