Chouhan seeks Presidential nod to anti-graft Bill
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister, Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Tuesday, drew the Prime Minister`s attention towards "inordinate delay" in getting Presidential assent to a Bill that seeks to speed up trial in corruption related cases involving public servants in the state.
The BJP Government has taken a very strong initiative to curb corruption by introducing and getting the Madhya Pradesh Vishesh Nyayalaya Vidheyak, 2011 passed in the Assembly, he said in a letter addressed to Manmohan Singh.
"This inordinate delay in granting assent to the Bill by the Government of India is unnecessarily depriving the state of an effective tool to combat corruption," he said.
The legislation shall prove to be an effective step towards curbing corruption in public life, Chouhan maintained.
The Bill was sent to Union Home Ministry on April 13, 2011 by the State Government for approval of the President after, which it will become a law, the letter said.
In order to create an effective deterrent against corrupt public servants the Bill provides for expeditious disposal of cases under Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988.
"The Bill also provides for confiscation of property acquired through corrupt means and utilisation of such property for public good," the letter said.
"My endeavour has been to create transparent and effective systems of governance where the chances of corruption are nullified," Chouhan added.
"My Government wants to create an effective legal system, where public servants indulging in corruption are brought to book in a time-bound manner."
The CM said, the Ministry may be directed to obtain the Presidential nod to the Bill at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- China, Pakistan launch first joint border patrols near Xinjiang
- Mamta Kulkarni breaks silence to rebuff drug racket reports, says glamour does not tantalize her anymore
- India stands with Bangladesh in its fight against terrorism: PM Narendra Modi to Sheikh Hasina
- It's Marlon Samuels vs Virat Kohli: How two batting mainstays will decide the course of West Indies-India series
- I-T dept identifies 90 lakh high-value transactions without PAN; to seek details