Chouhan sent me legal notice as he was jolted: Ajay Singh
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh on Friday alleged that Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan had served him a legal notice as he was "jolted" by some "uncomfortable" questions about property details of his family members "amassed" during his tenure.
In a letter to Chouhan, Singh said, "I came to know through newspaper reports that you have served a legal notice on me for making certain remarks on May 9 and June 4.
"I will definitely reply to it after getting it, but I wanted to know why you have sent this notice to me after I wrote two letters to you on June 14."
"Why did it take nearly a month for you to realise that my statements were defamatory in nature?" Ajay asked.
Ajay reminded the Chief Minister to reply to his June 14 letter, in which he has demanded that Chouhan provides details of properties "amassed" by his relatives during the last 10 years.
He also highlighted the issue of the state Public Works Department (PWD) not providing details on an RTI query about Aditya Construction Company owned by the Chief Minister`s brother Rohit Singh Chouhan.
Singh alleged that when he wrote to the Chief Minister about it, a "jolted" Chouhan served him the legal notice.
Yesterday, Chouhan had issued the legal notice to Singh for allegedly making "derogatory, malicious, concocted and defamatory" statements about his wife Sadhana.
The Chief Minister also demanded that Ajay publicly and unconditionally withdraw his allegations within seven days of receipt of the notice as well as ensure its publication in the same magnitude, failing which he would take appropriate legal action against him.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?