`Chouhan`s fast, a ploy to divert attention from other issues`
Bhopal: Senior Congress MLA Ajay Singh said
here on Saturday that Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh
Chouhan was undertaking a fast from tomorrow in protest
against the Centre, merely to divert the people`s attention
from other pressing issues.
"If anyone wants to learn how to divert the people`s
attention from various issues, he should attend a class
conducted by Chouhan," Ajay told a news agency.
The Congress leader said that the CM appeared not to be
worried about farmers` suicides in the state and only wanted
to score points against the Centre.
He said that right now the state government was unable
to distribute to farmers the funds available with it and
added that the money given to Agriculture Department had
also not been utilised fully.
"Under these circumstances, there was no logic behind
the Chief Minister`s decision to go on a fast from tomorrow,"
Chouhan will go fasting from tomorrow to protest the
manner in which the Centre is neglecting genuine demands of
Madhya Pradesh and if the Centre fails to release the special
relief package sought for frost-affected farmers in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report