`Chouhan`s fast, a ploy to divert attention from other issues`
Bhopal: Senior Congress MLA Ajay Singh said
here on Saturday that Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh
Chouhan was undertaking a fast from tomorrow in protest
against the Centre, merely to divert the people`s attention
from other pressing issues.
"If anyone wants to learn how to divert the people`s
attention from various issues, he should attend a class
conducted by Chouhan," Ajay told a news agency.
The Congress leader said that the CM appeared not to be
worried about farmers` suicides in the state and only wanted
to score points against the Centre.
He said that right now the state government was unable
to distribute to farmers the funds available with it and
added that the money given to Agriculture Department had
also not been utilised fully.
"Under these circumstances, there was no logic behind
the Chief Minister`s decision to go on a fast from tomorrow,"
Chouhan will go fasting from tomorrow to protest the
manner in which the Centre is neglecting genuine demands of
Madhya Pradesh and if the Centre fails to release the special
relief package sought for frost-affected farmers in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family