Chouhan`s `Jan Aashirwad Yatra` to cover 224 MP As
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s `Jan Aashirwad Yatra` beginning on July 22, would cover 224 Assembly constituencies and travel a distance of 8,000 km, state BJP president Narendra Singh Tomar said here on Tuesday.
The state BJP president told reporters that the Yatra should be seen as a prelude to the `Maha Kumbh` of BJP workers scheduled to be held at the Jambooree Maidan here on September 25.
Before the 2008 Assembly elections, Chouhan had embarked on a similar Yatra which was flagged off in the presence of many BJP leaders including LK Advani.
For this year`s Yatra spanning 50 days, Tomar did not mention the names of either Advani or Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
He said that during the September 25 `Maha Kumbh`, attempts would be made to ensure that some BJP workers from every polling booth in the state attend it.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!