Chouhan`s `Jan Aashirwad Yatra` to cover 224 MP As
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s `Jan Aashirwad Yatra` beginning on July 22, would cover 224 Assembly constituencies and travel a distance of 8,000 km, state BJP president Narendra Singh Tomar said here on Tuesday.
The state BJP president told reporters that the Yatra should be seen as a prelude to the `Maha Kumbh` of BJP workers scheduled to be held at the Jambooree Maidan here on September 25.
Before the 2008 Assembly elections, Chouhan had embarked on a similar Yatra which was flagged off in the presence of many BJP leaders including LK Advani.
For this year`s Yatra spanning 50 days, Tomar did not mention the names of either Advani or Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
He said that during the September 25 `Maha Kumbh`, attempts would be made to ensure that some BJP workers from every polling booth in the state attend it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing