Chouhan`s non-inclusion in BJP Parl Board disheartens partymen
Bhopal: Although BJP president Rajnath Singh has accommodated 22 members from Madhya Pradesh in the recently constituted national executive, state partymen are disappointed as Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan does not find a place in the all powerful Parliamentary Board.
"The partymen were expecting Chouhan to figure in the Parliamentary Board, but his non-inclusion has disappointed them," party sources told a news agency.
The leaders were hoping that in order to balance the growing clamour for Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as the prime ministerial candidate, the BJP`s national leadership would also include Chouhan in the Parliamentary Board, but their hopes were dashed when the list was officially declared.
However, Urban Administration and Development Minister Babulal Gaur justified the decision on the ground that "Modi had scored a hat-trick in Gujarat Assembly elections, while under Chouhan`s leadership, the BJP won the polls only once."
When BJP won elections in 2003, it was Uma Bharti who had led the campaign to oust Congress from power in the state and became the Chief Minister.
Later, she was replaced by Babulal Gaur who later had to quit to give way for Chouhan in the wake of Bharti`s protest.
Among the prominent faces from Madhya Pradesh who figure in the BJP national executive are - Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha and Vidisha MP Sushma Swaraj, former Chief Ministers Uma Bharti, Sunderlal Patwa, Kailash Joshi and Babulal Gaur, and former state unit president Prabhat Jha.
Other important leaders like former Union Ministers Satyanarayan Jatia, Faggan Singh Kulaste and Thawarchand Gehlot are also in the list.
In the Parliamentary Board, Madhya Pradesh has two prominent members at present - Sushma Swaraj and Thawarchand Gehlot.
In the vice-president slot, the party has included Uma Bharti and Prabhat Jha while Thawarchand Gehlot retained his position as general secretary.
Besides, Sudha Mallaiya, wife of state Water Resources Minister Jayant Mallaiya, was appointed as secretary and Kulaste as president of the BJP`s SC/ST Cell.
Soudan Singh, also from Kurwai in Vidisha district, has become Joint General Secretary (Organisation).
Another prominent inclusion in the national executive is Industries Minister Kailash Vijaywargiya, who replaced former Union Minister and seven time MP from Indore Sumitra Mahajan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly