CISF cop held for kidnapping gambler for ransom
Indore: A Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) constable, under suspension for allegedly kidnapping a gambler, was arrested by police along with three others, official sources said today.
Constable Somnath Silavat, who was posted at Barwah near here at the CISF Recruitment Training Centre, was suspended, a senior CISF official told PTI today.
Along with his three accomplices, Silavat allegedly kidnapped a gambler Umakant Goyal alias T K Seth (49) from Mhow town near here on November 27 and later demanded a ransom of Rs 1 crore from his family members for his safe release.
Later, they scaled down their demand to Rs 25 lakh, police said.
However, on November 28, police managed to rescue Seth from their captivity after a brief encounter at Rau bypass area.
Silavat, who took part in the crime wearing CISF uniform, was injured in police firing and was admitted to hospital, where is condition is stable.
An unlicensed pistol was seized from Silavat, the police said
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing