CISF cop held for kidnapping gambler for ransom
Indore: A Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) constable, under suspension for allegedly kidnapping a gambler, was arrested by police along with three others, official sources said today.
Constable Somnath Silavat, who was posted at Barwah near here at the CISF Recruitment Training Centre, was suspended, a senior CISF official told PTI today.
Along with his three accomplices, Silavat allegedly kidnapped a gambler Umakant Goyal alias T K Seth (49) from Mhow town near here on November 27 and later demanded a ransom of Rs 1 crore from his family members for his safe release.
Later, they scaled down their demand to Rs 25 lakh, police said.
However, on November 28, police managed to rescue Seth from their captivity after a brief encounter at Rau bypass area.
Silavat, who took part in the crime wearing CISF uniform, was injured in police firing and was admitted to hospital, where is condition is stable.
An unlicensed pistol was seized from Silavat, the police said
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof