CISF cop held for kidnapping gambler for ransom
Indore: A Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) constable, under suspension for allegedly kidnapping a gambler, was arrested by police along with three others, official sources said today.
Constable Somnath Silavat, who was posted at Barwah near here at the CISF Recruitment Training Centre, was suspended, a senior CISF official told PTI today.
Along with his three accomplices, Silavat allegedly kidnapped a gambler Umakant Goyal alias T K Seth (49) from Mhow town near here on November 27 and later demanded a ransom of Rs 1 crore from his family members for his safe release.
Later, they scaled down their demand to Rs 25 lakh, police said.
However, on November 28, police managed to rescue Seth from their captivity after a brief encounter at Rau bypass area.
Silavat, who took part in the crime wearing CISF uniform, was injured in police firing and was admitted to hospital, where is condition is stable.
An unlicensed pistol was seized from Silavat, the police said
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Housing demand may pick up in next six months: Knight Frank
- Bizarre: This London restaurant promotes nudism; you can eat your meals here fully naked!
- Tata Group mulling over plan to launch wearables for yoga practioners, factory workers
- JNU sends show-cause to Umar for movie screening last year
- A vitamin that can decelerate ageing process!