Clarify if Digvijay is in Congress or not: BJP
Bhopal: Taking a dig at Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh, the Madhya Pradesh unit of BJP Monday asked Congress President Sonia Gandhi to clarify if the senior leader is in the party or not, since it keeps distancing itself from his statements.
"Congress president should clarify first whether Singh is in the party or not, as whenever he makes any statement related to the party or Rahul Gandhi, the party through its spokesman distances itself from his (Singh`s) comments," BJP general secretary in-charge of Madhya Pradesh Anant Kumar told reporters here.
Kumar along with the RSS pointsman in the BJP, Ramlal arrived here to review Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s `Janashirwad Yatra` campaign scheduled to begin from Ujjain on July 22 and the `Karyakarta Mahakumbh` to be held on September 25 in Bhopal, on the occasion of Jan Sangh leader Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhay`s birth anniversary.
Referring to the issue of secularism raised by the Congress to counter the BJP, he alleged that "the party always takes shelter under pseudo-secularism to deviate people`s attention from issues of rising inflation, corruption and feeling of insecurity."
He said that parliament session date is announced well in advance, but this time it is still not clear that whether it will be held in August or even in September.
"It appears that they are afraid to face Parliament," Kumar remarked and added that probably due to this reason, instead of bringing the proposed Food Security Bill, the Congress-led UPA has chosen the ordinance route to pass it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?