CM for special panel on Carbide premises pollution
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
Shivraj Singh Chouhan has urged the Centre to constitute a
special committee for assessing the quantum of soil and water
pollution around the Union Carbide premises here.
In a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Chouhan
urged the Centre to assess the quantum of soil and water
polluted around the defunct Union Carbide plant and added that
the state government will extend full cooperation in achieving
this task, official sources said on Thursday.
The Chief Minister said that the Group of Ministers
headed by Union Home Minister P Chidambaram for disposal of
issues pertaining to Bhopal gas tragedy has been
At the meetings of the GoM, Chairman of the Oversight
Committee, Union Environment and Forests Minister and Madhya
Pradesh Government Gas Relief and Rehabilitation Minister have
pleaded for such an assessment.
Besides, Chouhan also requested for the remediation of
soil and groundwater sources by an agency of national level,
The Chief Minister wanted that a special committee
under the supervision of a competent agency of the Union
Government should be constituted in this regard in which
experts from Madhya Pradesh in the area of Environment
should also be included.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed