CM sanctions prosecution of IAS couple Arvind and Tinoo Joshi
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has given his nod to prosecute suspended IAS couple Arvind and Tinoo Joshi.
The Chief Minister has also recommended confiscation of their properties in a case of disproportionate assets registered against them, official sources said here on Friday.
Chouhan sanctioned the IAS couple`s prosecution after an Empowered Committee of the General Administration Department (GAD) headed by GAD Principal Secretary Abha Asthana submitted its report to him.
The Lokayukta had also sent a report to the State Law Department seeking sanction to prosecute the two IAS officers under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
Income Tax officials had raided the official residence of the Joshi couple at Bhopal in 2010 and recovered over Rs 3.5 crore cash and documents related to properties and other valuables, disproportionate to their known sources of income.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!