CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan lashes out against English language
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has strongly opposed the English language by saying that it was necessary to exorcise its ghost.
Speaking at a function organised by the Dattopant Thengadi Research Organisation last evening, Chouhan said that though only a handful of people speak English, they have shown that nothing could be done without this language.
He said that this English-speaking group never want the compulsion of English to end, because they fear that if it happens, even people from remote villages would become IAS or IPS officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- 3rd Test: Virat Kohli & Co end 22-year drought in Sri Lanka, seal series 2-1