Cold claims five lives in MP
Bhopal: Intense cold wave has claimed at least five lives in Madhya Pradesh with temperatures plummeting to zero levels at many places in the state.
According to the Met officials, two persons died in Morena and one each in Bhopal, Rewa and Satna in last one week.
The entire state has been reeling under cold conditions with mercury hovering between zero and one degree Celsius at seven places including Pachmarhi, Satna, Rewa, Umaria, Guna and Damoh, which has been severely hit by fog and frost, they said.
Pachmarhi was the coldest yesterday with a minimum temperature of 0 degrees Celsius, while Satna district recorded 0.4 degrees Celsius, breaking its 77-year-old record. The lowest temperature recorded here was 0.6 degree Celsius in 1935.
Officials said that chilly conditions would prevail for some more days and there will be no respite from the cold winds coming from North and North-East.
The minimum temperature recorded at Gwalior was 2.2 degrees C, while Ujjain recorded 4.5, and Indore stood at 6.2 degree Celsius.
The capital also shivered yesterday with a minimum of 5.9 degrees Celsius, five degrees below the normal mark, while the maximum temperature was 19.4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?