Cold claims five lives in MP
Bhopal: Intense cold wave has claimed at least five lives in Madhya Pradesh with temperatures plummeting to zero levels at many places in the state.
According to the Met officials, two persons died in Morena and one each in Bhopal, Rewa and Satna in last one week.
The entire state has been reeling under cold conditions with mercury hovering between zero and one degree Celsius at seven places including Pachmarhi, Satna, Rewa, Umaria, Guna and Damoh, which has been severely hit by fog and frost, they said.
Pachmarhi was the coldest yesterday with a minimum temperature of 0 degrees Celsius, while Satna district recorded 0.4 degrees Celsius, breaking its 77-year-old record. The lowest temperature recorded here was 0.6 degree Celsius in 1935.
Officials said that chilly conditions would prevail for some more days and there will be no respite from the cold winds coming from North and North-East.
The minimum temperature recorded at Gwalior was 2.2 degrees C, while Ujjain recorded 4.5, and Indore stood at 6.2 degree Celsius.
The capital also shivered yesterday with a minimum of 5.9 degrees Celsius, five degrees below the normal mark, while the maximum temperature was 19.4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?