Cold claims five lives in MP
Bhopal: Intense cold wave has claimed at least five lives in Madhya Pradesh with temperatures plummeting to zero levels at many places in the state.
According to the Met officials, two persons died in Morena and one each in Bhopal, Rewa and Satna in last one week.
The entire state has been reeling under cold conditions with mercury hovering between zero and one degree Celsius at seven places including Pachmarhi, Satna, Rewa, Umaria, Guna and Damoh, which has been severely hit by fog and frost, they said.
Pachmarhi was the coldest yesterday with a minimum temperature of 0 degrees Celsius, while Satna district recorded 0.4 degrees Celsius, breaking its 77-year-old record. The lowest temperature recorded here was 0.6 degree Celsius in 1935.
Officials said that chilly conditions would prevail for some more days and there will be no respite from the cold winds coming from North and North-East.
The minimum temperature recorded at Gwalior was 2.2 degrees C, while Ujjain recorded 4.5, and Indore stood at 6.2 degree Celsius.
The capital also shivered yesterday with a minimum of 5.9 degrees Celsius, five degrees below the normal mark, while the maximum temperature was 19.4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened