Comfortable travel to Bhopal, Sadhvi moves HC
Mumbai: Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur, prime
accused in the September 2008 Malegaon blast case, has moved
the Bombay High Court seeking a direction to authorities that
she be taken to Bhopal either by plane or in an
air-conditioned compartment of train.
Sadhvi has to appear before a court in Bhopal for a
hearing in the trial related to murder of RSS activist Sunil
The special Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act
(MCOCA) Court here had last week rejected her plea.
Sadhvi`s lawyer, advocate Ganesh Sovani said she was
ready to bear the expenses of the journey.
"No prejudice or any loss would be caused to any of the
respondents if Sadhvi is allowed to travel by first class or
second class AC in train or by air from Mumbai to Bhopal at
her own expense," her plea states.
The petition is likely to come up for hearing this
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state