Complaint against Kiran Bedi for remark against PM
Indore: A private criminal complaint has been filed in a court here against former IPS officer and Team Anna member Kiran Bedi over her `Dhritarashtra` remark against Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh.
Indrajeet Singh Bhatia, a lawyer, filed the complaint with First Class Judicial Magistrate Rekha R Chandravanshi yesterday, seeking criminal investigation under Information Technology Act. The court would take up the application on June 22.
"I feel insulted as a citizen that our Prime Minister, who represents crores of Indian voters, has been labelled as Dhritarashtra and his cabinet has been labelled as corrupt," Bhatia said.
Bedi had likened -- on twitter -- the Prime Minister to the blind King Dhritarashtra of Mahabharata for overlooking the corruption around him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB