Complaint filed over `insult` to tricolour at BJP MP`s event
Indore: A private complaint was on Wednesday filed in a court here alleging insult to the national flag during the birthday celebrations of city BJP MP Sumitra Mahajan here last week.
Two local Congress leaders, Girish Joshi and Vivek Khandelwal, filed the complaint before Judicial Magistrate First Class Ajay Pendam.
The court fixed April 24 for recording the statement of the complainants.
Raju Satalkar, a supporter of Mahajan, had organised a function here on April 13 to celebrate the 70th birthday of the BJP leader, the Congress leaders` counsel, Aashish Shrivastava, told reporters.
During the function, a picture of the tricolour was drawn on the ground using `rangoli` (coloured powders). Former BJP legislator Gopikrishna Nema allegedly walked on the picture, thus showing disrespect to the national flag, he alleged.
Mahajan and other BJP leaders were not available for comment over the alleged incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video