Complaint filed over `insult` to tricolour at BJP MP`s event
Indore: A private complaint was on Wednesday filed in a court here alleging insult to the national flag during the birthday celebrations of city BJP MP Sumitra Mahajan here last week.
Two local Congress leaders, Girish Joshi and Vivek Khandelwal, filed the complaint before Judicial Magistrate First Class Ajay Pendam.
The court fixed April 24 for recording the statement of the complainants.
Raju Satalkar, a supporter of Mahajan, had organised a function here on April 13 to celebrate the 70th birthday of the BJP leader, the Congress leaders` counsel, Aashish Shrivastava, told reporters.
During the function, a picture of the tricolour was drawn on the ground using `rangoli` (coloured powders). Former BJP legislator Gopikrishna Nema allegedly walked on the picture, thus showing disrespect to the national flag, he alleged.
Mahajan and other BJP leaders were not available for comment over the alleged incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'