Complaint filed over `insult` to tricolour at BJP MP`s event
Indore: A private complaint was on Wednesday filed in a court here alleging insult to the national flag during the birthday celebrations of city BJP MP Sumitra Mahajan here last week.
Two local Congress leaders, Girish Joshi and Vivek Khandelwal, filed the complaint before Judicial Magistrate First Class Ajay Pendam.
The court fixed April 24 for recording the statement of the complainants.
Raju Satalkar, a supporter of Mahajan, had organised a function here on April 13 to celebrate the 70th birthday of the BJP leader, the Congress leaders` counsel, Aashish Shrivastava, told reporters.
During the function, a picture of the tricolour was drawn on the ground using `rangoli` (coloured powders). Former BJP legislator Gopikrishna Nema allegedly walked on the picture, thus showing disrespect to the national flag, he alleged.
Mahajan and other BJP leaders were not available for comment over the alleged incident.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai