Complaint filed over `insult` to tricolour at BJP MP`s event
Indore: A private complaint was on Wednesday filed in a court here alleging insult to the national flag during the birthday celebrations of city BJP MP Sumitra Mahajan here last week.
Two local Congress leaders, Girish Joshi and Vivek Khandelwal, filed the complaint before Judicial Magistrate First Class Ajay Pendam.
The court fixed April 24 for recording the statement of the complainants.
Raju Satalkar, a supporter of Mahajan, had organised a function here on April 13 to celebrate the 70th birthday of the BJP leader, the Congress leaders` counsel, Aashish Shrivastava, told reporters.
During the function, a picture of the tricolour was drawn on the ground using `rangoli` (coloured powders). Former BJP legislator Gopikrishna Nema allegedly walked on the picture, thus showing disrespect to the national flag, he alleged.
Mahajan and other BJP leaders were not available for comment over the alleged incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands