Complaint redressal camps in MP to address error in poll rolls
Bhopal: Error-free electoral rolls will be prepared this time in Madhya Pradesh via complaint redressal camps for voters, ahead of the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, as per directives of the Election Commission of India.
According to an official release here today, these camps will be held across the state to look into complaints regarding absence of names from electoral rolls.
This was stated by Additional Chief Electoral Officer V L Kanta Rao while interacting with Collectors and District Election Officers here yesterday.
Rao said complaints have been received that some voters could not cast their franchise in the November 25 MP assembly elections despite possessing voter ID cards since their names were either missing from electoral rolls or were removed erroneously/deliberately.
Collectors have been asked to ensure compliance of Commission`s directives in letter and spirit and orders have been issued to undertake wide publicity before holding complaint redressal camps.
Authorised Officers will sit with electoral rolls at these camps and ensure that voters names are included. They will also ascertain on names of voters which have been deleted erroneously.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray