Complaint redressal camps in MP to address error in poll rolls
Bhopal: Error-free electoral rolls will be prepared this time in Madhya Pradesh via complaint redressal camps for voters, ahead of the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, as per directives of the Election Commission of India.
According to an official release here today, these camps will be held across the state to look into complaints regarding absence of names from electoral rolls.
This was stated by Additional Chief Electoral Officer V L Kanta Rao while interacting with Collectors and District Election Officers here yesterday.
Rao said complaints have been received that some voters could not cast their franchise in the November 25 MP assembly elections despite possessing voter ID cards since their names were either missing from electoral rolls or were removed erroneously/deliberately.
Collectors have been asked to ensure compliance of Commission`s directives in letter and spirit and orders have been issued to undertake wide publicity before holding complaint redressal camps.
Authorised Officers will sit with electoral rolls at these camps and ensure that voters names are included. They will also ascertain on names of voters which have been deleted erroneously.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country