Cong alleges irregularities in MGNREGA in MP
Bhopal: Two Congress members staged a walkout in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly today following an "unsatisfactory" reply by Forest Minister Sartaj Singh over the issue of deploying JCB machines under the MGNREGA scheme and alleged irregularities in payment of wages to labourers under it.
The matter was raised during the Question Hour by Sukhdev Panse (Congress) alleging that despite ban on the use of JCB machines, the same was deployed for carrying out works under
Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme by the forest department in Sehore district.
He also alleged that large-scale irregularities were taking place in the payment of wages to the labourers under the scheme in the district.
Leader of Opposition Ajay Singh said that when such irregularities were taking place in the home district of the Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, one could imagine what would be happening elsewhere in the state.
He demanded that criminal cases should be registered against those responsible in the matter.
Forest Minister Sartaj Singh admitted that irregularities had taken place and after the preliminary inquiry 14 officials and employees were found involved in it.
So far, action has been taken against two rangers and three employees in this regard, Singh said adding those found responsible after a detailed probe will also not be spared.
Dissatisfied with the Minister`s reply, Panse and Brajendra Singh Rathore (both Congress) staged a walkout from the assembly on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Check rajresults.nic.in: Rajasthan Board Class 12th results 2015 to be declared today
- Check JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 declared on jac.nic.in