Cong alleges irregularities in MGNREGA in MP
Bhopal: Two Congress members staged a walkout in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly today following an "unsatisfactory" reply by Forest Minister Sartaj Singh over the issue of deploying JCB machines under the MGNREGA scheme and alleged irregularities in payment of wages to labourers under it.
The matter was raised during the Question Hour by Sukhdev Panse (Congress) alleging that despite ban on the use of JCB machines, the same was deployed for carrying out works under
Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme by the forest department in Sehore district.
He also alleged that large-scale irregularities were taking place in the payment of wages to the labourers under the scheme in the district.
Leader of Opposition Ajay Singh said that when such irregularities were taking place in the home district of the Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, one could imagine what would be happening elsewhere in the state.
He demanded that criminal cases should be registered against those responsible in the matter.
Forest Minister Sartaj Singh admitted that irregularities had taken place and after the preliminary inquiry 14 officials and employees were found involved in it.
So far, action has been taken against two rangers and three employees in this regard, Singh said adding those found responsible after a detailed probe will also not be spared.
Dissatisfied with the Minister`s reply, Panse and Brajendra Singh Rathore (both Congress) staged a walkout from the assembly on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list