Cong alleges irregularities in MGNREGA in MP
Bhopal: Two Congress members staged a walkout in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly today following an "unsatisfactory" reply by Forest Minister Sartaj Singh over the issue of deploying JCB machines under the MGNREGA scheme and alleged irregularities in payment of wages to labourers under it.
The matter was raised during the Question Hour by Sukhdev Panse (Congress) alleging that despite ban on the use of JCB machines, the same was deployed for carrying out works under
Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme by the forest department in Sehore district.
He also alleged that large-scale irregularities were taking place in the payment of wages to the labourers under the scheme in the district.
Leader of Opposition Ajay Singh said that when such irregularities were taking place in the home district of the Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, one could imagine what would be happening elsewhere in the state.
He demanded that criminal cases should be registered against those responsible in the matter.
Forest Minister Sartaj Singh admitted that irregularities had taken place and after the preliminary inquiry 14 officials and employees were found involved in it.
So far, action has been taken against two rangers and three employees in this regard, Singh said adding those found responsible after a detailed probe will also not be spared.
Dissatisfied with the Minister`s reply, Panse and Brajendra Singh Rathore (both Congress) staged a walkout from the assembly on the issue.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists