Cong alleges irregularities in MGNREGA in MP
Bhopal: Two Congress members staged a walkout in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly today following an "unsatisfactory" reply by Forest Minister Sartaj Singh over the issue of deploying JCB machines under the MGNREGA scheme and alleged irregularities in payment of wages to labourers under it.
The matter was raised during the Question Hour by Sukhdev Panse (Congress) alleging that despite ban on the use of JCB machines, the same was deployed for carrying out works under
Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme by the forest department in Sehore district.
He also alleged that large-scale irregularities were taking place in the payment of wages to the labourers under the scheme in the district.
Leader of Opposition Ajay Singh said that when such irregularities were taking place in the home district of the Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, one could imagine what would be happening elsewhere in the state.
He demanded that criminal cases should be registered against those responsible in the matter.
Forest Minister Sartaj Singh admitted that irregularities had taken place and after the preliminary inquiry 14 officials and employees were found involved in it.
So far, action has been taken against two rangers and three employees in this regard, Singh said adding those found responsible after a detailed probe will also not be spared.
Dissatisfied with the Minister`s reply, Panse and Brajendra Singh Rathore (both Congress) staged a walkout from the assembly on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test
- Donald Trump threatens to leave WTO
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event