Cong alleges nepotism in MCNUJC appointments
Bhopal: The Leader of Opposition in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Satyadev Katare has alleged nepotism at the behest of BJP and RSS leaders in various appointments being done at the Makhanlal Chaturvedi National University of Journalism and Communication (MCNUJC) here.
The Congress leader also said he would file a complaint with the Lokayukta against the "rampant irregularities".
"Attempts are made to make the university a centre of RSS and every law of the book is violated," Katare told reporters yesterday.
He singled out the appointments of the Vice-Chancellor and the Registrar while alleging that the duo continue to be in the office despite expiry of their contracts.
"One of them has even signed his own contract order," Katare alleged.
"Various appointments were made on the recommendations of people who are close to BJP and RSS. Such is the state of affairs that some employees are working elsewhere but drawing their salaries from the university," Katare alleged.
Katare cited a few appointments which he said were made on the recommendations of a state minister and of some BJP leaders.
MCNUJC officials were unavailable for comment so were the BJP leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried