Cong corporator in MP booked on rape charge
Khandwa (MP): A Congress corporator and
his aide have been booked for allegedly abducting and raping a
teenager near here, police said.
Congress corporator Jeetu Rathod alias Ranu and his
companion allegedly abducted the 16-year-old girl on March 16
night from village Jamkota and kept her in the house of a
school teacher, they said.
After being gangraped, the girl was dumped at Indore
railway station from where she manged to reach Moondi and
narrated her ordeal, police said, adding no arrest has been
made so far.
Her father is also missing since the incident, they
Apart from Jeetu, the other person who has been named
in the police report is a nephew of an influential Congress
leader, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends