Cong demands CBI probe in NRHM funds misuse in MP
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh on Wednesday demanded a CBI probe into alleged irregularities in National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) scam in the state.
The Centre had made available Rs 35,000 crore for implementation of the NRHM, particularly in the remote villages of the state, Ajay said, alleging that recently a sum of Rs 150 crore had been recovered following raids at the residence of a director of health department.
"It was now clear thta these are the people whose health has been improving with funds received from the Centre," Ajay said.
He said a newspaper from New Delhi had published a report about the scam in NRHM in Madhya Pradesh and this deserved to be taken seriously.
"I am sure that a CBI probe into the NRHM would expose the black face of the ruling BJP in Madhya Pradesh," Ajay said.
He said the issue would be raised during the monsoon session of the state Assembly next month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- US election is about more than beating Donald Trump: Senator Bernie Sanders
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports