Cong demands CBI probe in NRHM funds misuse in MP
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh on Wednesday demanded a CBI probe into alleged irregularities in National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) scam in the state.
The Centre had made available Rs 35,000 crore for implementation of the NRHM, particularly in the remote villages of the state, Ajay said, alleging that recently a sum of Rs 150 crore had been recovered following raids at the residence of a director of health department.
"It was now clear thta these are the people whose health has been improving with funds received from the Centre," Ajay said.
He said a newspaper from New Delhi had published a report about the scam in NRHM in Madhya Pradesh and this deserved to be taken seriously.
"I am sure that a CBI probe into the NRHM would expose the black face of the ruling BJP in Madhya Pradesh," Ajay said.
He said the issue would be raised during the monsoon session of the state Assembly next month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city