Cong demands CBI probe in NRHM funds misuse in MP
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh on Wednesday demanded a CBI probe into alleged irregularities in National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) scam in the state.
The Centre had made available Rs 35,000 crore for implementation of the NRHM, particularly in the remote villages of the state, Ajay said, alleging that recently a sum of Rs 150 crore had been recovered following raids at the residence of a director of health department.
"It was now clear thta these are the people whose health has been improving with funds received from the Centre," Ajay said.
He said a newspaper from New Delhi had published a report about the scam in NRHM in Madhya Pradesh and this deserved to be taken seriously.
"I am sure that a CBI probe into the NRHM would expose the black face of the ruling BJP in Madhya Pradesh," Ajay said.
He said the issue would be raised during the monsoon session of the state Assembly next month.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?