Cong demands CBI probe in NRHM funds misuse in MP
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh on Wednesday demanded a CBI probe into alleged irregularities in National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) scam in the state.
The Centre had made available Rs 35,000 crore for implementation of the NRHM, particularly in the remote villages of the state, Ajay said, alleging that recently a sum of Rs 150 crore had been recovered following raids at the residence of a director of health department.
"It was now clear thta these are the people whose health has been improving with funds received from the Centre," Ajay said.
He said a newspaper from New Delhi had published a report about the scam in NRHM in Madhya Pradesh and this deserved to be taken seriously.
"I am sure that a CBI probe into the NRHM would expose the black face of the ruling BJP in Madhya Pradesh," Ajay said.
He said the issue would be raised during the monsoon session of the state Assembly next month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- If you survive in Mumbai cricket, you get rewarded: Shardul Thakur on maiden Test call-up
- Shah Rukh Khan remembers his school days, wonders how time has changed! Details inside
- Rio Olympics: Sachin Tendulkar meets wrestlers ahead of quadrennial event, boosts morale
- IPL 2016: Shane Watson reprimanded for using offensive language during match against Delhi Daredevils
- Photo alert! Aamir Khan dines with 'X-Men' star Ian McKellen