Cong disrupts MP House proceedings over MPPEB scam probe
Bhopal: Congress members led by Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Satyadev Katare on Monday staged a sit-in in the well of the House demanding tabling of the list of candidates selected for the post of transport constables and also handing over the MPPEB scam probe to CBI.
After ruckus on the issue, the Speaker adjourned the House twice for ten minutes and later for the day after transacting listed business.
The matter was raised in the Zero Hour by Ram Niwas Rawat (Congress) who demanded from the Chair to hold a discussion on Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board (MPPEB) scam under Rule 52 as over 1,500 appointments made by it were cancelled and over hundreds were arrested.
Umang Singhar (Congress) also raised the issue of recruitment of transport constables made by the MPPEB and later also demanded to know the fate of his Breach of Privilege notice given by him against the Chief Minister on the issue of a booklet "Vyapam ka Sach" (MPPEB`s truth) published by the BJP.
Katare said it was necessary to know how a secret note sheet of Assembly got published in it.
The Leader of Opposition also demanded tabling the list of candidates selected for the post of transport constables.
The Speaker then said that he was studying the notice and will give his ruling on the issue tomorrow.
Katare then warned that if no decision was taken on Opposition`s demands, then he will stage a sit-in in the well of the House.
The Speaker then said that such warnings cannot be given to the Chair and he is free to do whatever he wants following which Katare along with other Congress members staged a sit-in in the well of the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’