Cong disrupts MP House proceedings over MPPEB scam probe
Bhopal: Congress members led by Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Satyadev Katare on Monday staged a sit-in in the well of the House demanding tabling of the list of candidates selected for the post of transport constables and also handing over the MPPEB scam probe to CBI.
After ruckus on the issue, the Speaker adjourned the House twice for ten minutes and later for the day after transacting listed business.
The matter was raised in the Zero Hour by Ram Niwas Rawat (Congress) who demanded from the Chair to hold a discussion on Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board (MPPEB) scam under Rule 52 as over 1,500 appointments made by it were cancelled and over hundreds were arrested.
Umang Singhar (Congress) also raised the issue of recruitment of transport constables made by the MPPEB and later also demanded to know the fate of his Breach of Privilege notice given by him against the Chief Minister on the issue of a booklet "Vyapam ka Sach" (MPPEB`s truth) published by the BJP.
Katare said it was necessary to know how a secret note sheet of Assembly got published in it.
The Leader of Opposition also demanded tabling the list of candidates selected for the post of transport constables.
The Speaker then said that he was studying the notice and will give his ruling on the issue tomorrow.
Katare then warned that if no decision was taken on Opposition`s demands, then he will stage a sit-in in the well of the House.
The Speaker then said that such warnings cannot be given to the Chair and he is free to do whatever he wants following which Katare along with other Congress members staged a sit-in in the well of the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling