Cong disrupts MP House proceedings over MPPEB scam probe
Bhopal: Congress members led by Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Satyadev Katare on Monday staged a sit-in in the well of the House demanding tabling of the list of candidates selected for the post of transport constables and also handing over the MPPEB scam probe to CBI.
After ruckus on the issue, the Speaker adjourned the House twice for ten minutes and later for the day after transacting listed business.
The matter was raised in the Zero Hour by Ram Niwas Rawat (Congress) who demanded from the Chair to hold a discussion on Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board (MPPEB) scam under Rule 52 as over 1,500 appointments made by it were cancelled and over hundreds were arrested.
Umang Singhar (Congress) also raised the issue of recruitment of transport constables made by the MPPEB and later also demanded to know the fate of his Breach of Privilege notice given by him against the Chief Minister on the issue of a booklet "Vyapam ka Sach" (MPPEB`s truth) published by the BJP.
Katare said it was necessary to know how a secret note sheet of Assembly got published in it.
The Leader of Opposition also demanded tabling the list of candidates selected for the post of transport constables.
The Speaker then said that he was studying the notice and will give his ruling on the issue tomorrow.
Katare then warned that if no decision was taken on Opposition`s demands, then he will stage a sit-in in the well of the House.
The Speaker then said that such warnings cannot be given to the Chair and he is free to do whatever he wants following which Katare along with other Congress members staged a sit-in in the well of the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins