Cong leader says bureaucrat worked with BJP in 2008 polls
Anuppur (MP): A senior office-bearer of Madhya Pradesh Congress on Monday alleged that a senior officer had worked with BJP to ensure defeat of two Congress candidates in 2008 Assembly elections.
"KK Khare who was collector of Anuppur had worked to ensure defeat of two Congress nominees during 2008 assembly elections," alleged Laxman Singh, vice president of MPCC.
Laxman, younger brother of Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh, his party would take action against such "partisan" officers if it comes to power.
Laxman alleged that despite the `Beti Bachao Abhiyan` (save girl child drive) of BJP government, around 8000 girls are missing in Madhya Pradesh.
Khare could not be reached for comments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon