Cong leader says bureaucrat worked with BJP in 2008 polls
Anuppur (MP): A senior office-bearer of Madhya Pradesh Congress on Monday alleged that a senior officer had worked with BJP to ensure defeat of two Congress candidates in 2008 Assembly elections.
"KK Khare who was collector of Anuppur had worked to ensure defeat of two Congress nominees during 2008 assembly elections," alleged Laxman Singh, vice president of MPCC.
Laxman, younger brother of Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh, his party would take action against such "partisan" officers if it comes to power.
Laxman alleged that despite the `Beti Bachao Abhiyan` (save girl child drive) of BJP government, around 8000 girls are missing in Madhya Pradesh.
Khare could not be reached for comments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?