Cong leader seeks action against dissident Tripathi
Bhopal: Senior Congress leader Ajay Singh has said that he will not attend the Madhya Pradesh Assembly session unless the party takes action against MLA Narayan Tripathi, who left Congress to join the BJP just before the Lok Sabha elections.
The Congress has so far not expelled Tripathi, because of which he is still sitting with the Congress Legislature Party in the House and this is unacceptable, Singh, the Leader of Opposition in state Assembly told reporters here last evening.
An announcement to expel Tripathi had been made, but on records he still continues to be with the Congress, the leader claimed.
After joining the BJP, Tripathi, the MLA from Maihar seat in Satna, had campaigned against Ajay, who had unsuccessfully contested from the Satna constituency, during the Lok Sabha elections held earlier this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites