Cong MLA from Bhopal receives death threat
Bhopal: Congress MLA Brajendra Singh
Rathod on Wednesday said it has been four days into receiving a death
threat on his mobile but police have failed to find out the
identify of the caller yet.
Rathod told agency it was regrettable that the police was
unable to find the man who had threatened to kill him and
asked for a sum of Rs 20 lakh.
The MLA said that he had given information about the
April 17 call to senior police officers in Bhopal and they had
advised him not to go to the media as this would alert the
person who had made the call.
He said that two days after this when nothing happened
he had filed a FIR with the police about the call.
The Congress MLA said that when an elected
representative was being treated like this, he could
understand how the common man would suffer at the hands of
In his complaint, Rathod said he was at his official
residence on April 17, when he received a call on his mobile
saying that if he did not give the amount he would be killed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan