Cong MLA from Bhopal receives death threat
Bhopal: Congress MLA Brajendra Singh
Rathod on Wednesday said it has been four days into receiving a death
threat on his mobile but police have failed to find out the
identify of the caller yet.
Rathod told agency it was regrettable that the police was
unable to find the man who had threatened to kill him and
asked for a sum of Rs 20 lakh.
The MLA said that he had given information about the
April 17 call to senior police officers in Bhopal and they had
advised him not to go to the media as this would alert the
person who had made the call.
He said that two days after this when nothing happened
he had filed a FIR with the police about the call.
The Congress MLA said that when an elected
representative was being treated like this, he could
understand how the common man would suffer at the hands of
In his complaint, Rathod said he was at his official
residence on April 17, when he received a call on his mobile
saying that if he did not give the amount he would be killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'