Cong MLA protests privatisation of electricity in Gwalior
Bhopal: Congress MLA Pradyumna Singh Tomar on Tuesday staged a dharna in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly to protest the privatisation of electricity in Gwalior city.
Soon after the Question Hour ended, Tomar suddenly got up from his seat and sat in the well of the House with a placard hanging from his neck stating "in protest against the privatisation of electricity in Gwalior city."
After nearly 10 minutes, Leader of Opposition Ajay Singh spoke to him and later urged Speaker Ishwardas Rohani to accept his call attention notice on the issue so that it can be listed on the next day`s business of the House.
Ajay said that this will help him in getting reply from the government on the issue.
However, the Speaker said that he had not yet received any notice in this regard and if the MLA could meet him in his chamber to discuss the matter then the problem could be resolved to some extent.
After this, Tomar returned to his seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past