Cong MLA protests privatisation of electricity in Gwalior
Bhopal: Congress MLA Pradyumna Singh Tomar on Tuesday staged a dharna in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly to protest the privatisation of electricity in Gwalior city.
Soon after the Question Hour ended, Tomar suddenly got up from his seat and sat in the well of the House with a placard hanging from his neck stating "in protest against the privatisation of electricity in Gwalior city."
After nearly 10 minutes, Leader of Opposition Ajay Singh spoke to him and later urged Speaker Ishwardas Rohani to accept his call attention notice on the issue so that it can be listed on the next day`s business of the House.
Ajay said that this will help him in getting reply from the government on the issue.
However, the Speaker said that he had not yet received any notice in this regard and if the MLA could meet him in his chamber to discuss the matter then the problem could be resolved to some extent.
After this, Tomar returned to his seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics