Cong MLA protests privatisation of electricity in Gwalior
Bhopal: Congress MLA Pradyumna Singh Tomar on Tuesday staged a dharna in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly to protest the privatisation of electricity in Gwalior city.
Soon after the Question Hour ended, Tomar suddenly got up from his seat and sat in the well of the House with a placard hanging from his neck stating "in protest against the privatisation of electricity in Gwalior city."
After nearly 10 minutes, Leader of Opposition Ajay Singh spoke to him and later urged Speaker Ishwardas Rohani to accept his call attention notice on the issue so that it can be listed on the next day`s business of the House.
Ajay said that this will help him in getting reply from the government on the issue.
However, the Speaker said that he had not yet received any notice in this regard and if the MLA could meet him in his chamber to discuss the matter then the problem could be resolved to some extent.
After this, Tomar returned to his seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends