Cong MLA protests privatisation of electricity in Gwalior
Bhopal: Congress MLA Pradyumna Singh Tomar on Tuesday staged a dharna in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly to protest the privatisation of electricity in Gwalior city.
Soon after the Question Hour ended, Tomar suddenly got up from his seat and sat in the well of the House with a placard hanging from his neck stating "in protest against the privatisation of electricity in Gwalior city."
After nearly 10 minutes, Leader of Opposition Ajay Singh spoke to him and later urged Speaker Ishwardas Rohani to accept his call attention notice on the issue so that it can be listed on the next day`s business of the House.
Ajay said that this will help him in getting reply from the government on the issue.
However, the Speaker said that he had not yet received any notice in this regard and if the MLA could meet him in his chamber to discuss the matter then the problem could be resolved to some extent.
After this, Tomar returned to his seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?