Cong MLA protests privatisation of electricity in Gwalior
Bhopal: Congress MLA Pradyumna Singh Tomar on Tuesday staged a dharna in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly to protest the privatisation of electricity in Gwalior city.
Soon after the Question Hour ended, Tomar suddenly got up from his seat and sat in the well of the House with a placard hanging from his neck stating "in protest against the privatisation of electricity in Gwalior city."
After nearly 10 minutes, Leader of Opposition Ajay Singh spoke to him and later urged Speaker Ishwardas Rohani to accept his call attention notice on the issue so that it can be listed on the next day`s business of the House.
Ajay said that this will help him in getting reply from the government on the issue.
However, the Speaker said that he had not yet received any notice in this regard and if the MLA could meet him in his chamber to discuss the matter then the problem could be resolved to some extent.
After this, Tomar returned to his seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy