`Cong MLAs in MP decide to tender mass resignations`
Bhopal: Congress MLAs in Madhya Pradesh Assembly have decided to resign en masse to protest against the termination of membership of two party MLAs, Leader of Opposition in Assembly Ajay Singh said here on Friday.
"Decision to resign en masse to protest against the termination of membership of the two party MLAs from the state Assembly was taken last night at a meeting of the state Congress Legislature Party," Ajay Singh told reporters.
Congress general secretary in-charge of Madhya PradeshB K Hariprasad has been apprised of this decision and all the MLAs have handed over their resignation letters to him.
According to Ajay Singh, final decision in the matter will be taken after Hariprasad talks to the Congress high command.
Congress MLAs are prepared to take any step against the disqualification of the membership of the two party MLAs, he said.
Two days back, Madhya Pradesh Assembly Speaker Ishwardas Rohani had terminated the membership of Congress MLAs-- Choudhary Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi and Kalpana Parulekar for allegedly misbehaving with MLA Gyan Singh, who was chairing the House.
Chaturvedi and Parulekar had allegedly tried to intervene in the proceedings by moving a no-confidence motion against the Speaker.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred