`Cong MLAs in MP decide to tender mass resignations`
Bhopal: Congress MLAs in Madhya Pradesh Assembly have decided to resign en masse to protest against the termination of membership of two party MLAs, Leader of Opposition in Assembly Ajay Singh said here on Friday.
"Decision to resign en masse to protest against the termination of membership of the two party MLAs from the state Assembly was taken last night at a meeting of the state Congress Legislature Party," Ajay Singh told reporters.
Congress general secretary in-charge of Madhya PradeshB K Hariprasad has been apprised of this decision and all the MLAs have handed over their resignation letters to him.
According to Ajay Singh, final decision in the matter will be taken after Hariprasad talks to the Congress high command.
Congress MLAs are prepared to take any step against the disqualification of the membership of the two party MLAs, he said.
Two days back, Madhya Pradesh Assembly Speaker Ishwardas Rohani had terminated the membership of Congress MLAs-- Choudhary Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi and Kalpana Parulekar for allegedly misbehaving with MLA Gyan Singh, who was chairing the House.
Chaturvedi and Parulekar had allegedly tried to intervene in the proceedings by moving a no-confidence motion against the Speaker.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users