Cong MP wants leadership to be prudent in ticket distribution
Indore: The Congress leadership has to be `prudent` in the distribution of tickets for the upcoming Assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh to ensure defeat of ruling BJP, party leader and MP Sajjan Singh Verma said on Monday.
"If Congress wants to succeed in its Mission-2013, it has to bring change in its style of thinking and must stop the practice of distributing tickets on the basis of `Ganesh Parikrama` and `Quota-Permit system," Verma told a news agency.
He clarified that by `Ganesh Parikrama` he meant those leaders who become favourites of senior leaders just 2-3 months before polls, which are due by the year-end.
"Congress in Madhya Pradesh has a quota-permit system under which leaders claim that a particular region belongs to them to look after...No one could stop Congress from forming its government in Madhya Pradesh if leaders start thinking unitedly and are not divided," Verma, who is the MP from Devas, said.
People could not choose Congress in the past due to factionalism and lack of unity among its top leaders, which ultimately benefited BJP, he said.
"State in-charge and general secretary BK Hariprasad should ensure to forge unity among party leaders and act as a bridge between them," the MP said, adding that the process to cement differences among groups has already begun.
Verma claimed that the youths and farmers are "fed up" with the BJP for "non-fulfilment" of poll promises and wanted a change.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!