Cong MP wants leadership to be prudent in ticket distribution
Indore: The Congress leadership has to be `prudent` in the distribution of tickets for the upcoming Assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh to ensure defeat of ruling BJP, party leader and MP Sajjan Singh Verma said on Monday.
"If Congress wants to succeed in its Mission-2013, it has to bring change in its style of thinking and must stop the practice of distributing tickets on the basis of `Ganesh Parikrama` and `Quota-Permit system," Verma told a news agency.
He clarified that by `Ganesh Parikrama` he meant those leaders who become favourites of senior leaders just 2-3 months before polls, which are due by the year-end.
"Congress in Madhya Pradesh has a quota-permit system under which leaders claim that a particular region belongs to them to look after...No one could stop Congress from forming its government in Madhya Pradesh if leaders start thinking unitedly and are not divided," Verma, who is the MP from Devas, said.
People could not choose Congress in the past due to factionalism and lack of unity among its top leaders, which ultimately benefited BJP, he said.
"State in-charge and general secretary BK Hariprasad should ensure to forge unity among party leaders and act as a bridge between them," the MP said, adding that the process to cement differences among groups has already begun.
Verma claimed that the youths and farmers are "fed up" with the BJP for "non-fulfilment" of poll promises and wanted a change.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel