`Cong needs fundamentals in place to win MP polls`
Bhopal: Congress leader Aslam Sher Khan on Monday said the party should keep its "fundamentals" intact if it wants a victory in the next Madhya Pradesh Assembly Elections.
Fundamentals mean - taking care of the minorities and ensuring that dalits and tribals come along with Congress, Khan said here.
If the minorities, dalits and tribals join hands with the Congress, then the party can think of winning next year`s Assembly Elections, the former hockey Olympian said.
Khan said he was of this view since the party was "forced to put up a poor show" in the Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls as the minorities there had sided with the Samajwadi Party.
Meanwhile, he also said that not much can be attained by attacking BJP leaders every now and then for alleged corruption.
Instead, there was a need for a "real unity" in the Congress to achieve the aim of winning elections in the state, scheduled next year, rather than losing it for the third time in a row, he stressed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Team India to attend preparatory camp under new coach Anil Kumble!
- Like seriously! Marijuana is legal in these 8 countries
- Security alert! Islamic State militants release 'kill list', target 4000 people including 285 Indians
- Nephew Krushna Abhishek apologises to Govinda! – Know why
- 'Tulsidas ji pranam' — Read Bihar's topper Ruby Rai's 'shocking' essay on famous poet