`Cong needs fundamentals in place to win MP polls`
Bhopal: Congress leader Aslam Sher Khan on Monday said the party should keep its "fundamentals" intact if it wants a victory in the next Madhya Pradesh Assembly Elections.
Fundamentals mean - taking care of the minorities and ensuring that dalits and tribals come along with Congress, Khan said here.
If the minorities, dalits and tribals join hands with the Congress, then the party can think of winning next year`s Assembly Elections, the former hockey Olympian said.
Khan said he was of this view since the party was "forced to put up a poor show" in the Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls as the minorities there had sided with the Samajwadi Party.
Meanwhile, he also said that not much can be attained by attacking BJP leaders every now and then for alleged corruption.
Instead, there was a need for a "real unity" in the Congress to achieve the aim of winning elections in the state, scheduled next year, rather than losing it for the third time in a row, he stressed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?