Cong rally on Dec 2 at Katni to highlight farmer problems
Bhopal: The opposition Congress in Madhya Pradesh will organise a rally on December 2 at Katni to highlight the problems being faced by farmers whose land has been acquired for a private power project.
Stating this, the Madhya Pradesh Congress Media Department Chairman, Manak Agrawal told PTI that those leaders who would attend the rally are party General Secretaries, Digvijay Singh and B K Hariprasad, State Congress President, Kantilal Bhuria and the Leader of Opposition in the State Assembly, Ajay Singh.
Agrawal said that Union Ministers, Kamalnath and Jyotiraditya Scindia have also been invited to attend the rally.
He said the Congress will highlight problems being faced by farmers in other areas apart from Katni.
Agrawal said the BJP government in Madhya Pradesh had been dealing with farmers in a high-handed manner and this needs to be exposed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?