Cong rally on Dec 2 at Katni to highlight farmer problems
Bhopal: The opposition Congress in Madhya Pradesh will organise a rally on December 2 at Katni to highlight the problems being faced by farmers whose land has been acquired for a private power project.
Stating this, the Madhya Pradesh Congress Media Department Chairman, Manak Agrawal told PTI that those leaders who would attend the rally are party General Secretaries, Digvijay Singh and B K Hariprasad, State Congress President, Kantilal Bhuria and the Leader of Opposition in the State Assembly, Ajay Singh.
Agrawal said that Union Ministers, Kamalnath and Jyotiraditya Scindia have also been invited to attend the rally.
He said the Congress will highlight problems being faced by farmers in other areas apart from Katni.
Agrawal said the BJP government in Madhya Pradesh had been dealing with farmers in a high-handed manner and this needs to be exposed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened