Cong slams Advani for `Ram Rajya` remarks
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh Monday criticised L K Advani for his remarks that the state is heading towards "Ram Rajya", saying the BJP leader`s words were an "insult" to Lord Ram as the crime graph is climbing up in the state.
"At a time when the crime graph is climbing up in the state, the senior BJP leader`s talk about "Ram Rajya" amounts to sin," the Congress leader said in a statement.
He said the Advani`s remarks during the launch of Mukhya Mantri Teerth Darshan Yojana here this week, "was almost an insult to Lord Ram."
"If Advani knew the truth about BJP rule in Madhya Pradesh, he would not have spoken like this," he added.
Singh also said he had written a letter to Advani about alleged ties between BJP leaders and controversial businessmen Dilip Singh Suryavanshi and Sudhir Sharma but did not get a reply to it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men