Cong slams MP govt for prohibiting CBI to act against babus
Bhopal: Opposition Congress in Madhya Pradesh today demanded withdrawal of state government`s notification prohibiting the CBI to act against corrupt IAS and IPS officers in the state, without taking its consent.
The ruling BJP government in the state had recently issued a notification prohibiting the investigative agency from taking action against IAS, IPS and IFS officers without taking state government`s consent.
Criticising the move, Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh said, "It is an attempt to shield corrupt officers posted in the state."
"While on one hand Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan created a lot of furore over the Centre not giving its nod to the Bill for creation of Special Courts for speedy trial of corruption cases, on the other hand, his government is prohibiting CBI from taking action against those indulging in corruption," Singh said in a statement.
He said that the state government had not only acted against the provision of Delhi Special Police Establishment Act of 1946, but has also gone against the spirit of federal structure of the country.
"Though the percentage of those indulging in corrupt practices is very less, the notification has a demoralising effect on those who serve the state with honesty and integrity," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried