Cong slams MP govt for prohibiting CBI to act against babus
Bhopal: Opposition Congress in Madhya Pradesh today demanded withdrawal of state government`s notification prohibiting the CBI to act against corrupt IAS and IPS officers in the state, without taking its consent.
The ruling BJP government in the state had recently issued a notification prohibiting the investigative agency from taking action against IAS, IPS and IFS officers without taking state government`s consent.
Criticising the move, Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh said, "It is an attempt to shield corrupt officers posted in the state."
"While on one hand Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan created a lot of furore over the Centre not giving its nod to the Bill for creation of Special Courts for speedy trial of corruption cases, on the other hand, his government is prohibiting CBI from taking action against those indulging in corruption," Singh said in a statement.
He said that the state government had not only acted against the provision of Delhi Special Police Establishment Act of 1946, but has also gone against the spirit of federal structure of the country.
"Though the percentage of those indulging in corrupt practices is very less, the notification has a demoralising effect on those who serve the state with honesty and integrity," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands