Cong slams MP govt for prohibiting CBI to act against babus
Bhopal: Opposition Congress in Madhya Pradesh today demanded withdrawal of state government`s notification prohibiting the CBI to act against corrupt IAS and IPS officers in the state, without taking its consent.
The ruling BJP government in the state had recently issued a notification prohibiting the investigative agency from taking action against IAS, IPS and IFS officers without taking state government`s consent.
Criticising the move, Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh said, "It is an attempt to shield corrupt officers posted in the state."
"While on one hand Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan created a lot of furore over the Centre not giving its nod to the Bill for creation of Special Courts for speedy trial of corruption cases, on the other hand, his government is prohibiting CBI from taking action against those indulging in corruption," Singh said in a statement.
He said that the state government had not only acted against the provision of Delhi Special Police Establishment Act of 1946, but has also gone against the spirit of federal structure of the country.
"Though the percentage of those indulging in corrupt practices is very less, the notification has a demoralising effect on those who serve the state with honesty and integrity," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say