Cong slams MP govt over growing incidents of gangrape
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Ajay Singh has expressed concern over the growing incidents of gangrape in the state and urged Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan to step to contain sexual assault on women.
In a letter to Chouhan yesterday, Ajay said that front pages of newspapers, on a daily basis was full with such items.
He said this truth can`t be hidden behind advertisements and urged Chouhan to take steps for providing security to women.
The Congress leader pointed out that five incidents of gangrape have taken place in the last 10 days across the state.
"Women cannot be provided security only by running on paper schemes like `Ladli Laxmi Yojana`," he said.
He also drew Chouhan`s attention to the figures given by the National Crime Bureau, in which Madhya Pradesh topped the list for atrocities on women in the country.
"This figure alone shows how much sensitive the BJP government in Madhya Pradesh is towards women," Ajay said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM