Cong slams MP govt over growing incidents of gangrape
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Ajay Singh has expressed concern over the growing incidents of gangrape in the state and urged Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan to step to contain sexual assault on women.
In a letter to Chouhan yesterday, Ajay said that front pages of newspapers, on a daily basis was full with such items.
He said this truth can`t be hidden behind advertisements and urged Chouhan to take steps for providing security to women.
The Congress leader pointed out that five incidents of gangrape have taken place in the last 10 days across the state.
"Women cannot be provided security only by running on paper schemes like `Ladli Laxmi Yojana`," he said.
He also drew Chouhan`s attention to the figures given by the National Crime Bureau, in which Madhya Pradesh topped the list for atrocities on women in the country.
"This figure alone shows how much sensitive the BJP government in Madhya Pradesh is towards women," Ajay said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried