Cong slams MP govt over growing incidents of gangrape
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Ajay Singh has expressed concern over the growing incidents of gangrape in the state and urged Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan to step to contain sexual assault on women.
In a letter to Chouhan yesterday, Ajay said that front pages of newspapers, on a daily basis was full with such items.
He said this truth can`t be hidden behind advertisements and urged Chouhan to take steps for providing security to women.
The Congress leader pointed out that five incidents of gangrape have taken place in the last 10 days across the state.
"Women cannot be provided security only by running on paper schemes like `Ladli Laxmi Yojana`," he said.
He also drew Chouhan`s attention to the figures given by the National Crime Bureau, in which Madhya Pradesh topped the list for atrocities on women in the country.
"This figure alone shows how much sensitive the BJP government in Madhya Pradesh is towards women," Ajay said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves