Cong slams MP govt over growing incidents of gangrape
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Ajay Singh has expressed concern over the growing incidents of gangrape in the state and urged Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan to step to contain sexual assault on women.
In a letter to Chouhan yesterday, Ajay said that front pages of newspapers, on a daily basis was full with such items.
He said this truth can`t be hidden behind advertisements and urged Chouhan to take steps for providing security to women.
The Congress leader pointed out that five incidents of gangrape have taken place in the last 10 days across the state.
"Women cannot be provided security only by running on paper schemes like `Ladli Laxmi Yojana`," he said.
He also drew Chouhan`s attention to the figures given by the National Crime Bureau, in which Madhya Pradesh topped the list for atrocities on women in the country.
"This figure alone shows how much sensitive the BJP government in Madhya Pradesh is towards women," Ajay said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’