Cong slams MP govt over growing incidents of gangrape
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Ajay Singh has expressed concern over the growing incidents of gangrape in the state and urged Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan to step to contain sexual assault on women.
In a letter to Chouhan yesterday, Ajay said that front pages of newspapers, on a daily basis was full with such items.
He said this truth can`t be hidden behind advertisements and urged Chouhan to take steps for providing security to women.
The Congress leader pointed out that five incidents of gangrape have taken place in the last 10 days across the state.
"Women cannot be provided security only by running on paper schemes like `Ladli Laxmi Yojana`," he said.
He also drew Chouhan`s attention to the figures given by the National Crime Bureau, in which Madhya Pradesh topped the list for atrocities on women in the country.
"This figure alone shows how much sensitive the BJP government in Madhya Pradesh is towards women," Ajay said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir