Cong stages walk-out from MP Assembly over loan-waiver scam
Bhopal: The main opposition, Congress, on Tuesday walked out of the Madhya Pradesh Assembly, not satisfied with
state government`s action taken against officials of
cooperative societies in an alleged loan-waiver scam in
Congress`s Arif Aqueel demanded during the question hour
that government should suspend the officials and lodge an FIR
with the Economic Offences Wing in this case.
The officials are alleged to have waived dues of over Rs
12.37 crore, in the cases where beneficiaries were not
eligible, under the Centre`s loan waiver scheme for farmers.
Opposition members created a ruckus over the issue, and
rushed towards the Speaker`s podium twice.
Aqueel said some people had pressurised him not to
raise the issue in the house.
He said that he anticipated that even the Madhya Pradesh
Cooperative Minister Gaurishanker Bisen too might face such a
pressure. However, the Congress MLA did not name the person
who put pressure on him.
Bisen denied this, stating that the moneys deposited in
the ineligible farmers` accounts had been withdrawn.
The minister said that more than 20 officers had been
suspended in this connection. Also, the Hoshangabad Collector
had written a letter to EOW seeking that an FIR should be
registered, he said, adding that the EOW still did not book
Unsatisfied, the Congress members staged a walkout from
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi