Cong stages walkout from MP Assembly over alleged bank scam
Bhopal: Opposition Congress on Monday staged a
walkout from Madhya Pradesh Assembly demanding constitution of
an MLAs committee to probe the alleged mortgage of farmer`s
land worth Rs 2.18 lakh crore by the state`s top cooperative
The issue was raised during the Question Hour by Congress
MLA Prabhuram Choudhry who claimed that Apex Bank tried to
mortgage farmers` land worth over Rs 2.18 lakh crore and its
own land worth Rs 1,699 crore to a foreign firm Speed Star
Agency but was prevented from doing so due to the alertness
Replying on the issue, the State`s Cooperative Minister
Gaurishankar Bisen said the State`s Economic Offences Wing
(EOW) was probing the case and its report is awaited.
However, Deputy Leader of the Congress Legislature Party
(CLP) Choudhry Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi, senior MLAs Ajay Singh
and Ramniwas Rawat among others demanded from Speaker
Ishwardas Rohani the formation of an MLAs committee or a
judicial panel to probe the issue.
The Chair then asked the government whether the demand
was acceptable to it, following which Bisen said since the EOW
was already probing the case, there was no question of forming
an MLAs committee for the same.
Dissatisfied with the Minister`s reply, the Congress
staged a walkout.
Later, talking to reporters, Chaturvedi and Singh said
they would continue to raise the issue till their demand is
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued