Cong to decide Leader of Opposition in MP Assembly soon
Bhopal: Congress General Secretary in-charge
of Madhya Pradesh, B K Hariprasad will arrive here on Tuesday night to elect the Leader of Opposition in the state Assembly.
The party has also deputed Union Minister for Social
Justice and Empowerment, Mukul Wasnik as an Observer to
oversee the election process, Madhya Pradesh Congress
Committee`s (MPCC) General Secretary Rajiv Singh said.
Wasnik will arrive in the city tomorrow morning, he said.
The seat of the Leader of Opposition in the State
Assembly fell vacant after the demise of senior Congress
leader, Jamuna Devi.
During the Winter Session, Congress had appointed the
Deputy Leader of the Legislature Party, Choudhry Rakesh Singh
Chaturvedi as the acting Leader of the Opposition.
Though the Budget session of the State Assembly
commenced yesterday, the Congress, the main opposition party
in the state was unable to elect its Leader.
Hariprasad and Wasnik will meet the Congress MLAs to
seek their opinion and after getting the approval of the
Congress High Command will announce the name of the new Leader
Besides Choudhry, the other front runners for the post
are senior party leaders Ajay Singh, Mahendra Singh Kalukheda,
NP Prajapati and Bisahulal Singh among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...