Cong to name candidates 3 months before MP polls
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh Congress unit will announce its candidates three months before the Assembly elections, to be held in November this year.
"The party candidates for the constituencies where there is no dispute would be announced three months prior to the polls," state Congress unit media department chairman Manak Agarwal said.
A decision to this effect was taken yesterday in New Delhi at a meeting chaired by Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi and attended among others by the party`s Madhya Pradesh unit president Kantilal Bhuria and Leader of Opposition in state Assembly Ajay Singh, he said.
Ajay Singh had said last week that "it will be in the interest of the party to declare the candidates well in advance as this will also give them sufficient time for campaigning."
The candidates for the seats where there was some dispute would also be announced well before the elections, Agarwal assured.
Corruption would be the main issue for the elections in which the Congress is confident of dislodging the BJP from power in the state, he said.
A meeting of party office-bearers from all the districts of the state would be held here on March 20 to chalk out an action plan keeping the elections in view, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living