Cong unable to cope with MP`s all-round development: CM
Barwah (MP): Promising to supply 24x7 electricity supply to all the villages in Madhya Pradesh from next year, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan alleged here on Sunday that Congress was unable to cope with state`s rapid development in all spheres.
Chouhan was addressing a public rally at Balwada block near here in support of the BJP candidate Rajkumar Mev for the Maheshwar Assembly seat bypoll scheduled on June 12.
"The state government is committed to provide 24 hours power supply to all the villages in the state next year and the Opposition Congress is unable to cope up with the all round development of the state," he said.
He said that for the irrigation purpose, power will be supplied at least for eight hours in the villages.
He added that the state government had ensured purchase of all the wheat from farmers as per the MSP and also paid bonus to them.
"However, Congress had tried to create hurdles in it by conspiring with the Centre to create crisis of shortage of jute bags for storing wheat," he said.
Chouhan said that the BJP Government was trying to ensure that every inch of agriculture land in the state got irrigated and it was because of the increased irrigation potential of the state the bumper production of wheat crop took place in the state.
The Chief Minister later left for Mohna, Kharadi and Karondiya villages for addressing a rally and also to take part in road-shows in various villages in the constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy