Cong wants MP BJP chief removed for backing child
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh opposition leader Ajay Singh on Thursday sought removal of the state unit BJP president Prabhat Jha for his alleged role in supporting the marriage of a minor girl from Bundelkhand region in violation of law.
Appealing to BJP president Nitin Gadkari to sack Jha from the post, Ajay also demanded action against the minister of state, Harishankar Khateek, for allegedly distributing invitation cards for the marriage of Angoori Bai with Ramesh, who is already married.
The purported wedding is said to have taken place on April 24 at Tapiriyan village in Bundelkhnad region of the state.
The wedding cards bore the names of Khateek and Jha, he said.
A case should be filed against the duo and action be taken for "destroying" lives of two women, Ajay said in a statement.
"Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan had said that no child marriage should take place on the day of Akshay Tritiya but this happened in violation of all his announcements," the statement said quoting the leader of opposition.
Ajay further said that he had written to Gadkari and sought action against Jha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!
- Disappointment for Ranbir Kapoor; Sanjay Dutt biopic delayed? Details inside