Cong wants MP BJP chief removed for backing child
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh opposition leader Ajay Singh on Thursday sought removal of the state unit BJP president Prabhat Jha for his alleged role in supporting the marriage of a minor girl from Bundelkhand region in violation of law.
Appealing to BJP president Nitin Gadkari to sack Jha from the post, Ajay also demanded action against the minister of state, Harishankar Khateek, for allegedly distributing invitation cards for the marriage of Angoori Bai with Ramesh, who is already married.
The purported wedding is said to have taken place on April 24 at Tapiriyan village in Bundelkhnad region of the state.
The wedding cards bore the names of Khateek and Jha, he said.
A case should be filed against the duo and action be taken for "destroying" lives of two women, Ajay said in a statement.
"Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan had said that no child marriage should take place on the day of Akshay Tritiya but this happened in violation of all his announcements," the statement said quoting the leader of opposition.
Ajay further said that he had written to Gadkari and sought action against Jha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack